Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Black and White Stripes and Dots

Hi :)

For today, I have a black and white stripe-y design that was inspired by a tribal print from Jane at Nailside. I hope you enjoy it!


You may have noticed the one green stripe on my thumb... That is actually a small, cut piece of grass that I thought would look super awesome and be naturally beautiful, but it turned out a little short of that... or a lot. The nail polish quickly ate a hole in it and it peeled off within a matter of hours... Also, the little linear indentations didn't lend themselves easily to painting designs. Well, every experiment yields a result, and with this one, I would say natural items should probably be left outside!

Grass aside, I really like this design, though it definitely took a lot of concentration and time. It almost looks like an optical illusion with the black and white together (and some of my unintentionally diagonal lines). I think its definitely an eye catcher and fun to wear. What do you think?

[The polishes used in this design are OPI "Alpine Snow" (white) and OPI "Black Onyx" (black).]

Thanks for viewing :)

No comments:

Post a Comment