Popular Posts

Friday, July 26, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 10 "Lose Your Marbles"




Today the challenge theme is "Lose Your Marbles," or water marbles! I decided to stray from the original use of white as a base, and instead used a pastel pink (Milani Pink Express). There are pros and cons to this technique. As a pro, you can't really tell if the design didn't reach all the way to the edges. However, as a con, the less opaque colors are tainted by having a colored base. I think these turned out well, but I think I'll probably return to the white base for next time :) I added some dots later just to make the design more coherent and intricate! What do you think?

[The polishes used are: Milani "Pink Express" (light pink), China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy" (neon hot pink), essie "the more the merrier" (green), OPI "Do You Lilac It?" (purple), OPI "Room for the Blues" (blue), and Sally Hansen "White On."]

As a bonus, I also found a water marble that I think was my second attempt ever!


Improvement is always possible!

Thanks for viewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment