Popular Posts

Monday, July 22, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 8 "Gradient"




Hello! Today the theme is "Gradient," and I decided to start with a base of one of my favorite shimmery duochromes: Orly Synchro! After completing the gradient with a bit of a makeup sponge, I thought it really needed something more, so I began to freehand random designs with black. I started out using acrylic paint and a small brush, but its clumps made it impossible to continue without being able to make straight lines! So I switched back to my trusty Orly Instant Artist, and completed the design. I think it's pretty fun and shiny! What do you think?

[The polishes used in this design are Orly "Synchro" (shimmery pink), O.P.I. "Funky Dunkey" (purple), and American Apparel "Gold Flash" (gold). The black is a combination of acrylic paint and Orly Instant Artist in black.]

Thanks for viewing! :)

1 comment: