Popular Posts

Friday, August 23, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Day 24 "Inspired by Artwork"



Hi there! For today's challenge "Inspired by Artwork," I decided to pursue a bit of nature's artwork in the complexity of fractals! A fractal, as defined by the New Oxford American Dictionary, is "a curve or geometric figure, each part of which has the same statistical character as the whole. Fractals are useful in modeling structures (such as eroded coastlines or snowflakes) in which similar patterns recur at progressively smaller scales." Though I am much too imprecise to accurately recreate a fractal pattern on my nails, I attempted to make a pattern that would convey the complexity of nature's abilities at least to some extent! i love intricate patterns in nail art and I am glad I got to try this out! What do you think?

[The polishes used in this design are Sally Hansen's "White On" (white) and Orly Instant Artist in black.]

Thanks for viewing! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment